Wednesday 16 September 2015

Dreamy Gourmet Popcorn Marshmallow Bars


What better for a pairing, then gourmet popcorn and artisan marshmallows.  It's a huge trend at the moment, and I'm not surprised, because I am totally obsessed with gourmet popcorn. Especially our friends at Popcorn Kitchen's Sweet and Salt flavour. Popcorn Perfection.

So, whilst munching through a whole bag, I realised how amazing it might be to combine my favourite flavours into a gooey treat with our delicious gourmet marshmallows.

These crunchy marshmallow bars are the perfect film night snack and the simplest things to make ever. So, what are you waiting for?

Ingredients:
Popcorn Kitchen Sweet and Salt Popcorn 100g
Raspberry marshmallow 85g x 2
Butter 50g
Optional: Melted chocolate (of your choice) for finishing


  1. First things first, I emptied a large bag of my favourite (Salt & Sweet Popcorn from Popcorn Kitchen) into a bowl minus a few pieces (because I just cant help myself).
  2. Then I took two bags of our raspberry marshmallows and but them in a pan on a low heat with 50g of butter until melted.
  3. Stir the two together!
  4. Lay some clingfilm over a tray and spread the mixture to a good thickness. Then cover with more cling film and place into the fridge.
  5. Or: to mould into balls I tore off small squares of clingfilm and dolloped tablespoons of the mixture into each square and scrunched them up into a ball.
  6. Leave in the fridge to set over night.
  7. Pull the bars out of the fridge and cut into squares.
  8. Melt some chocolate in a pan and dip one end of each bar into the melted mixture (delicious).
  9. Lay onto the baking paper and leave to cool.
  10. EAT.
After thought:
I loved them! I can’t wait to try them with the other flavours. I’m thinking passion fruit and coconut dipped slowly into creamy white chocolate. A proper grown up treat!

Delicious.

Belinda x


No comments:

Post a Comment